The Why, the How, and What to do Now
Courtesy of McGraw Hill
No, it’s not easy raising teenagers. Yes, there are sane solutions--in this problem-solving parent’s guide from the bestselling author of Yes, Your Teen Is Crazy
How should you respond when your teen comes home late? Wears inappropriate clothes? Is pregnant, or flunking out? You’ll find the answers here--right at your fingertips--in this quick-reference manual from one of the leading experts on adolescent behaviour. As someone who has counselled hundreds of teens in his practice and as a father of two teens himself, Dr. Michael Bradley understands how teenagers can drive you crazy. Offering practical “first response” advice, he tells you exactly what to do and what NOT to do in about every scenario you’ll ever face with your kid,from messy rooms and monstrous moods to drug abuse and depression.
Dr. Bradley’s advice for when a teen’s room is a mess:
- Remain calm and don’t nag or yell.
- Calmly ask for some effort, telling him that you are a tad neurotic about this.
- Offer incentives for some (not perfect) neatness.
- Offer to work with her once a week to help shovel her room out.
- Be sarcastic.
- Clean his room for him.
- Make fun of her room to her or to others (especially to her friends).
- Go to war (where he feels that you really, personally dislike who he is because he’s messy).
About the Author
Michael Bradley, Ed.D., is a psychologist and award-winning author specializing in adolescent behaviour and is certified by the American College of Professional Psychology in the treatment of substance abuse disorders. He has appeared frequently on "Today," "Good Morning America," CNN, and National Public Radio, and he has authored several books including the bestselling Yes, Your Teen is Crazy: Loving Your Kid Without Losing Your Mind. He resides near Philadelphia where he worries incessantly that his own two children might grow up to be people like him.
- Author Site: Mike Bradley
- Extra Info:
- McGraw Hill | Chapters.ca | Amazon.com
1 copy availableThis book is CLAIMED
- Hardcover: 288 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill; 1 edition (December 24, 2008)
- ISBN-10: 0071545719
- ISBN-13: 978-0071545716
Shipping within Canada & US sponsored by McGraw Hill