The MBE 2008 season has wrapped up. We had an amazing response from 505 bloggers spanning the world from 11 different countries. The response from publishers & authors was phenomenal too with 72 getting involved offering 465 titles and 1185 individual books to be claimed. Thank you all for participating!
Many bloggers never received the books they claimed, and many books which shipped out by publishers never got reviewed.
Internally, we encountered a bottle neck in getting all the reviews onto the site. While Anne, Dead Robot & I have worked hard to get everything online, we still have a backlog of almost 100 to get onto the site.
This little-project-that-could has had a number of bottle necks, technical issues and shipping troubles causing lost books, missing reviews and leaving a lot of people disappointed and pissed off this year. And for that I’m very sorry!
So, Mini Book Expo is on Hiatus.
It is on hiatus until we can work through,
some of the kinks that have caused:
- people to wait for months to get a book that never came.
- publishers to ship books that never get commented on beyond the release post on Mini Book Expo
- backlogs in getting reviews onto the site
- and a team of well intentioned volunteers to be run ragged.
While we are on hiatus:
- we won’t be accepting any new publishers, authors or new titles
- we won’t be taking any more book claims
However, we will be working on
- getting the backlog of reviews live on the site.
- finding a way to make the site more consistent, usable, predictable and effective for you.
We’d love to hear your thoughts on how to improve things, (click here), as we go through the process of figuring out how and if we can continue to run Mini Book Expo so it works for everyone involved. (Share your feedback & ideas and comment on other people’s ideas on our User Voice Forums)
We have gotten a lot of great books into the hands of a lot of great people.
Thank you for being involved. Thank you for following through. Thank you for caring enough to read this entire post and thank you for all you support, feedback and patience.